Thursday, September 29, 2011

Funerals

I guess when you are 88 you think of past ones I have attended. For instance before we had our five little children I used to go with Ray on out of town stuff. They had an artist do two murals in the Topeka statehouse by the name of John Curry. While he was painting the one by the House of Rep he got mad at the legislators and he was painting a farm with animals and he made all the pigs tails straight. When he died I attended his funeral and he was buried in a small eastern Kansas town near Valley Falls, Kansas. We saw his picture of the farm when we were in Russia on a loan for a traveling exhibit. We saw his paintings in Milwaukee. They have many of his paintings at Kansas State University. Ray knew him but I only attended his funeral, which was a little late to get acquainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment