Wednesday, February 8, 2012

vALENTINE'S dAY

I have received a Valentine from my granddaughter Holly. When I was growing up it was not my most popular holiday as I did not receive a lot of Valentines but I like it now. Growing up in school I sometimes got mean ones but my mother use to go to school and give me one very nice fancy Valentine. After I grew up my husband once gave me 30 valentines and I love the candy you get if you are lucky. My grand children in Wichita had a very clever teacher that had a party for the grandparents on that day and put on a play where every student had one line and then you helped the kids make valentines to take home. They put on a play where everyone in the class had one line called "The thing in the forest". One year Ray gave me 30 valentines. Now I already have one. I use to know how the Day got started but it has slipped a bit in my mind so I will just relax and enjoy it. I may mail a few myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment