Saturday, January 21, 2012

ETHEL'S bIRTHDAY

Today is my sister Ethel's birthday. She was named after my mother's twin sister. My mother was named Edna Jessie and her twin Ethel Bessie. I have two sisters and they were always kind to their little sister who was skinny, cross eyed and kind of dumb. My brother just kind of ignored me but my sisters Helen and Ethel were kind. When she was in college and dating a student from Kansas State whom had a rather low opinion of my exsistence and he gave her a cocker spaniel she shared him with me. I really loved that dog and after she was married and moved to Sas Diego I had trouble adjusting to the departure of the dog more than them and embarassed them at the railroad stastion when they left with the dog. We visited her many times along with her five children but Tarbaby had been hit by a car by then. She managed to have her daughter born on my birthday which I thought was a rather nice gift. Her mother in law also helped me get my first job teaching in a rural school just between Topeka and Dover, Kansas. Hasppy Birthday Ethel. You were a great sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment