Thursday, March 17, 2011

Parades, Chapter two

I forgot some important parades. My grand daughters who attended East were in their parades. Hayden even led the band as drum major. I know Stacy, Holly and Frances were in it. I am not sure about Morgan. Then there were those at Northwest. One parade that was a high point of the season was the Bluebird's Doll parade. In case you don't know Bluebirds are young Campfire girls. Your group was assigned a state we had Hawaii one year and dressed the dolls in grass skirts. The parade as I remember started at Lamar and went west on Johnson Drive. At the end you got a popscicle. Susan wrote a great story about when they marched in a political year and Lee was running for Congress. I know when Scot was running for Congreaa we had one parade when daughter Kelly was ill and could not go. Her cousin Frances took her place for the parade riding in her stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment