Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Parades

I have always loved parades. I was in one when I was young and it was in Topeka and called the Kiwanis pet parade. I took my sister black cocker spaniel and entered. When the parade started he would not move so I carried him four blocks. Then when I was in college I was walking in the Home coming parade. When my son and son=in=law ran for office I walked in a parade carying a banner. One weekend when our grandson, Taylor was staying with us we had a call that the Sister Cities had a float in the parade and needed a kid so we told them we would bring Taylor. When we got there he wanted me to go with him so they let me be on the float. I know when we turned a corner they told us to smile and wave as we were on TV. We did as we were told and all grinned broadly. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment