Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ray as an elector.

My husband, Ray loved to run for office and he loved politics and those two kind of went together. In 1988 he was elected an elector for Kansas. I had to turn to my son Scott on that as I was a little hazy. Scott did the research for me. Ray was elected an elector He was one of the 7 named in the Bush-Quayle ticket. Each candidate has a slate of electors for each seat. The number of electors is determined by adding the two senate seats and the number of house members. Ray was elected for the Bush Quayle campaign in 1988. When Bush carried the state the seven people including Ray met in Topeka in the State Attorney General's office. When we got there the floor was covered with Junior High students and Ray sat at a table and voted,Technically people are voting for electors and they can vote for anyone so electors are chosen carefully so they vote correctly. Ray would have voted for anyone but did what the party wanted for he never varied from voting Republican. I sometime did as I voted for ones I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment