Friday, December 18, 2009

The joy of oatmeal

I grew up eating oatmeal and loved it. I have not changed. Ray and I traveled around the world and we always tried to stay at Statler Hilton Hotels as they always served oatmeal. Mr. Statler liked oatmeal also and insisted they serve it at his hotels. We stayed in a Statler Hilton hotel in Wichita and they did not have it. I wrote a letter to the company and the next time we stayed there they had it. I remember in Peru at the Statler they wanted to pour hot milk on mine in the kitchen and I told them I wanted to put my own milk on and we had a great discussion, which was not easy as my Spanish was not good nor was their English. Every morning I still have oatmeal. I make it in my micro wave now and not in a double boiler like when I was growing up. Ray went in for various cereal so I did not corrupt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment