Saturday, December 12, 2009

One Christmas Eve

When our oldest son Steve went to Sunday School in Topeka one year they sent him home with something to read on Christmas Eve. The K C Times let their reporters pick four days they wanted to be off each year and Ray took Fourth of July, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Thanksgiving. We used the ceremony Steve brought home each Christmas Eve. We found all the candles in the house and put them on a card table, put on Christmas music and read the ceremony. We did that every year until our granddaughter, Hayden, was the baby in the church pageant. After that we went to the church and watched different granddaughters be angels, Mary and shepherds and we had one more baby Jesus. I never got past being an angel myself. We would drink eggnog and smile a lot. I love the picture I have on my refrigerator of the occasion. The only one not in it is Steve and I think he took the picture. Sally put it on a Mother's Day card.

No comments:

Post a Comment