Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snowmen

One August in 1951 I was reading a magazine and it told you how to make wooden snowmen for Christmas for your front lawn. I thought that would be great. My Brother-in-law Roy helped me. We got large sheets of paper and drew our five. Then Roy got some wood and with his jig saw cut them out for me. I got them painted. I wanted to put a sign in front. We had many Jewish friends so I did not want Merry Christmas and settled for Happy Holidays. We added were two more children a cat and a dog. When we added a daughter-in-law we added another. However that did not work out so we didn't add any more. Cindy's snowman was taken one Christmas but we found it up in a ditch south of our house and put it back up. As years went by we added lights to the house but it has pretty stayed the same. We did not add the 13 grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment