Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gone With The Wind

When I was a teenager I read a popular book they made a movie of called "Gone With The Wind." Everyone was reading it and they made a movie of it. It was going to be shown in Topeka at the Grand Theater (our first run theater. Tickets for movies were generally 35 cents but for "Gone With The Wind" they were going to be limited and would be $1.12. My parents were able to purchase two tickets. My mother, knowing I loved the book, let me go with my father. When you went with Dad you always sat in the back row downstairs. I don't think he ever saw a movie in the balcony. I was ready to sacrifice just to see the movie. The Sunday paper had two pages on the movie with many pictures. It was not a disappointment and worth the inflated price of $1.12.

No comments:

Post a Comment