Sunday, November 22, 2009

When I met Joyce Hall

Barry Goldwater was running for president and he came into a dinner in Kansas City. Ray was nice and took me along. He went to sit at the Press Table and the waiters looked around for a place to put me. The waiter saw a vacancy and sat me down. I did not know any of the people which was not unusual. I never got to order as they just brought me something which was the usual thing the waiters did. It looked great and I was hungry. I had one bite and the man across from me raised an uproar that I had eaten the plate he ordered. The waiters quickly brought him the same thing I was having. That was my introduction to Joyce Hall. I met him many times after that but he did not remember me as I am rather forgettable. He was very active in President Eisenhower's activities and we attended them. Sometimes it is nice to be forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment