Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Halloween

When I was teaching 14 kids at Pleasant Valley School I told them about Halloween and how you wore costumes and had cider and doughnuts. They thought it sounded fun as out where they lived they did not really find it practical to do Tricks or Treats from door to door and they did not do mean tricks. I thought I would have doughnuts and cider for them so I ordered them from the doughnut factory not too far from my house in College Hill. I had my cider in a jug. The night before I woke up to hear fire engines and the doughnut factory was on fire. No doughnuts. My mother got up at two and made doughnuts for me so my kids would not be disappointed. We had our Halloween Party and I got out my fancy paper cups and my cider and the first cup I poured it in did not have a bottom so the cider went right thru to the floor on Elizabeth's foot. The napkins were okay and I had extra cups. Since the kids had not had fancy doughnuts before they were happy. A successful Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment