Friday, September 11, 2009

New dinner glasses for Christmas

I like to write about things when I was growing up and then if I get it wrong no one but my sister Helen knows it and she is too polite to tell me. One Christmas Helen and I decided to pool our baby sitting money together and buy our parents a gift. My parents belonged to a bridge club and it always included dinner before they started playing. There were twelve members. My mother did not like to waste money on dishes and glasses so Helen and I decided to buy our parents a set of 12 glasses. I guess that is a set. I rode the bus downtown. You could pick a bus up a block from our house as the bus line went from town on Huntoon. To go to town you had to go to 12th Street or over to College Blvd and ride the electric bus. I went to Crosbys and found a set. I paid for them and then got on the bus and lugged them home. They were heavy. Our parents were very surprised and seemed to like our gift. Our mother uaed them for years and Helen thinks there is still one left. Helen and I had great pride at their next Bridge party.

No comments:

Post a Comment