Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Committees & Campfire Girls

When Susan reached first grade it became time to be either a Girl Scout or a Campfire Girl. Our school had Campfire. I had been a Girl Scout once but could adjust. I became the leader so went to leader meetings. I got along well with the paid staff but not the other leaders. I kept getting thrown off of committees. The first one we were to identify trees. It was November. I told them I did not think it was a good time to identify trees as the leaders would just have pine trees. We needed the leaves on the trees to know what kind they were. They removed me. Then they put me on the committee to plan the ending Big Campfire--held in the gymn of North High School. I told them they would need chairs for the leaders as the meeting was long and some of us did not sit well on the floor. I was removed again but they had a chair for each leader at the program. I was removed from one other committee but don't remember what that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment