Sunday, September 27, 2009

The telephone

In our house the phone was very important but our children did not like to answer it. That was because we had a woman who called everyday to talk to Ray and if you answered the phone she talked to you. She had worked in the Wyandotte courthouse and discovered they had voters registered living in the Kaw River. She kept the records and buried them in her yard and wanted Ray to expose the machine in Wyandotte County so called everyday to check. The Council dondemened the area she lived in so she had to dig up the records and move them to her new residence which she did one night. I think they finally removed the names but I'm not sure. I think Ray just threatened them with that he would write a story. I think when ashe died I remmeber attending her funeral but I'm not sure. Our children outgrew not answering the phone but it took awhile. Most calls Ray got that were tips came at three in the morning so we had a phone beside our bed installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment