Sunday, September 20, 2009

Flag pole hole

I cannot put my flag up as I have lost the hole you put the pole in. When I first put the hole in I had it even with the south end of the porch and even with the redbud tree but now we cannot find it. Perhaps when the squirrels get all the walnuts picked up we will be successful. I have a great flag at the moment. It was a gift from Congressman Larry Winn when I worked for him one campaign and has flown over the capital. Of course if Puerto Rico becomes a state it will be out of date. I like celebrating the holidays that need a flag like President Washington and Lincoln's birthdays, Armistice Day and flag day. And then there is the 4th of July. My neighbors across the street have a flag flying all the time. They don't have to take it down at night as the streetlight shines on it. I'll just salute theirs for awhile. Maybe when it frosts and the grass dies and the squirrels do their job the metal tube will show up. I don't think I put it up for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas so we are safe until February or is New Year's a flag day?

No comments:

Post a Comment