Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Double dating with your teacher

When I was in Junior High I had a homeroom teacher named Zita McKinley. She also taught Latin. She was very pretty and wore a black dress every Friday. They said she was mourning a past lover. I don't think that was true. She looked good in black and just wore it. I did not do well in either Latin or conduct in homeroom so we were not soul mates but endured each other as you do with homeroom. Later when Ray and I were going together or maybe we were married (I'm not sure) but he was covering the legislature for the Topeka Daily Capital. He told me one night that one of the lobbyists wanted to go out dancing with a new woman he had met and he did not know the places in Topeka on a weeknight. Ray told him there was one out, I think, by Lake Shawnee called Walt's Inn. I might have the name wrong but not the location. When he picked us up I was surprised that I was double dating with my ninth grade teacher. That is why I think I was married as she would have recognized my maiden name. Have you ever double dated with your junior high teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment